Monday, October 23, 2006

PLEASE PRAY FOR US


This is a picture of me and my daughter. Please pray for us when you think about us. I am currently serving as a part-time missionary with Child Evangelism Fellowship. My job is to recruit local Bible believing churches to adopt local public elementary schools to start Good News Clubs. The church recruits the volunteers, I train them to do the After School Good News Club. Right now we have 2 clubs. The second club is just getting started. Please pray that we can get at least 3 more clubs ready to start by Jan 1, 2007. I am also trying to recruit 6-7 more godly men and women who will be committed to serving on a Council or Board in order to establish the ministry of Child Evangelism Fellowship in the Low Country. We currently have 4 people who have volunteered to be on that Board, two men and two women.

Being a missionary is a not as scary as I thought it would be. I always had the idea that a missionary was someone who gave up everything to go to live in a hut in Africa. Some missionaries may be called to do that, but some missionaries can still live at home and do God's work. That is what I am doing. Literally as the local office is in my house at this point in time.

I know that I have been called to be on staff with CEF. How do I know? I can't explain it in words, but is a culmination of three things. It fits in with God's word that we are all called to share His gospel, I counseled with godly friends and had them pray with me about this decision and I have complete peace about this. It is just a knowing that I am right where God wants me to be. It is amazing to realize that for the first time in my life, I truly know that I am in God's will for my life.

1 comment:

Monica Wilkinson said...

What a great photo! :) Blessings, Monica