Thursday, January 25, 2007

CHRISTMAS

We finally took down our tree just today and put all the Christmas decorations away. I know that it has been a month since Christmas, but I just hate putting the decorations away. Christmas still makes me sad even after all of these years. We rush around shopping and doing all kinds of stuff and don't really take the time to enjoy the season and to remember the real meaning of Christmas. We eat too much and especially too much sugar and junk food and don't exercise. Then I get real depressed and can't figure out what is wrong. I don't do everything that I know I need to do to feel good. I don't get enough sleep, eat too much, eat too many carbs, drink too much caffeine, don't exercise, don't spend time in God's Word every day as I know I should, watch too much TV ( at my sister's; I still don't have TV here). All of this is a recipe for depression.

Christmas day comes and then the flurry of opening presents, eating , opening more presents, and eating again. Then we are exhausted, but finally Christmas is over. We hardly move for a day or two which doesn't help how I am feeling. The more I sleep and sit around the worse I begin to feel. Then we went to see my aunts. They are 84 and 86. They have a multitude of health problems and don't get around too much. They really need more help than they have and don't really have anybody except the lady they pay that comes in three afternoons a week to help them. By the time I left there, I was really depressed. Now what do we do about depression????