Thursday, January 25, 2007

WE ARE MARSHALL

It has really been a long time since I have blogged. I have been so busy. First with Christmas holidays and now back into the daily routine.

We left for the holidays on the Thursday before Christmas. We had no mishaps on the road as we did at Thanksgiving, thank God!!! We made good time and arrived safely at my sister and brother-in-law's house. They have a beautiful log cabin in the woods of Virginia. If it had snowed it would have been ideal. We went out to dinner and a movie on the Friday before Christmas as this is one of our traditions with our family. We were all excited because we all wanted to see We Are Marshall. It really brought back memories of my freshman year in college when the football team was killed in the plane crash. My sister and I cried most of the way through the movie. Seeing all the places that I was so familiar with - the Memorial fountain, the student center, the view from the hill overlooking Huntington - was really kinda eerie seeing it all on the big screen. The years that this movie took place were all the years that I was in college. We went to all of the football games whether, we won or not (mostly not in those years), but now Marshall is doing great in football. I don't keep up a lot with football, but I did when I lived in Huntington. Everybody was a football fan!!

No comments: