Sunday, August 27, 2006

HOW MY BLOG GOT ITS NAME

I just came from Barb's Blog called A Chelsea Morning. She asked us to share how we named out blogs.

I think life is a journey. My life is a journey with the LORD. God has allowed me to go down certain paths and each of those paths that I have taken have helped to mold and shape the person that I am today. As a believer in Christ, we never reach our destination, at least not until we reach heaven to live with Him forever. So each day is a journey and the journey continues day by day. Every event, crisis, and situation(good or bad) that we encounter is part of that journey.

I dropped over to the blog about Emma Grace. (Several people including my friend, Angie have linked to this blog.) Emma's mom had a verse there: In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9.

We can make all kinds of plans, have all kinds of dreams and do all kinds of things, but actually, we do nothing if the LORD does not take us there. I know that I have made plans, but God was the one who ultimately determined my steps. I know that the journey of my life continues day by day and each day is a new adventure.

4 comments:

Angie said...

I love this! Of course I always love what you have to say, my friend!

Pamela said...

Awe, this is my first visit and I just love that bible verse and my prayers are with Emma Grace. You are so young to have lost your husband and be raising a fourteen year old, I will pray that it is in Gods plan to have a wonderful man for you guys in your journey's future if it be his will.:)

Brenda said...

Hi! I came over from my friend Barb's. I see you're new to blogging, so welcome! I like your blog name and the inspiration behind it. Great choice!

Monica Wilkinson said...

I'm enjoying reading your thoughts and really seeing your heart for the Lord - thank you for sharing of yourself!