Monday, August 28, 2006

THOUGHTS ABOUT DATING IN GENERAL

After my two main experiences dating and these were just about the only two guys that I ever really dated, I think that the dating scene is way over rated. I did go out time to time with a guy here and there, but never anyone regularly as I did with Rod or Steve.

I would not recommend dating in this fashion to any young person or teen especially if they are Christian young people. I know that I would rather protect my own daughter from this type of relationship and teach her about biblical purity. I don't want her to have to live with the guilt and sin that I had even though I did get married eventually. For the longest time, people thought that since we eloped then we must have "had" to get married. It really taints your reputation when you do questionable things. Not that the elopement was questionable, but my relationship with Steve before marriage. I really think that my compromising in some areas, though again I was "technically" pure, was part of the breakdown of our relationship after we were married. Not completely the reason, but part of it.

I want to encourage any young women that might read this blog to really study the scripture and see what it has to say about relationships between men and women.

Date in a group. Don't go out alone and don't spend lots of time alone with one person to which you are attracted. It isn't healthy and can lead to a lot of regrets that could change your whole relationship.

Our purity is like a match. You can strike a match once and light a fire and get a fire going. But once that match has been used it will never be the same again. While you might be able to relight it with another match, it won't burn as long, because it has been damaged. Once a young woman has lost her purity, while she may make a commitment to not indulge in that behavior again, she has lost something that she can never regain; and young men as well. Once you have stepped over the line and had an immoral relationship, things are never quite the same.

No comments: